Thursday, May 18, 2006

Pre-competition evening

Date: May 17th
Location: Jacksonville, FL (hotel room)
Time: 11:49 PM

Wonderful day, so much to talk about. Details later. We meet to board the bus to the theatre at 8:15 tomorrow, so I will be brief.

I drew #11 out of 18, so I will have to wait around for awhile tomorrow. Kelly is 12, so that's kind of nice. We won't find out the results of the competition until Saturday night, but we will get to meet and chat with the judges for advice, etc, on Saturday afternoon, and we get a master class with Daniel Lewis on Saturday morning.

Tomorrow's competition: warm-up time, 1 hr ballet class, 30 minutes modern, 30 minutes jazz, lunch break, ballet variations, break, modern/jazz variations. They might call-back people to do their solos again if they so desire. So it's going to be a long one. My mama got here safe and sound. She brought me lots of protein-rich snacks, which will help me get through the day.

Game plan for pre-competition time tomorrow morning: up at 5:45, exercises/strengthening for 20 minutes or so, walk to starbucks to clear my head and get some coffee, quick warm-up in the pool at 7, meet mama for breakfast and invade her hotel room to prepare at 7:20.

It's hard to believe this is all finally happening...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home